We are thrilled that you are considering adoption first!
We try to make the adoption process as easy as possible. You can fill out an application online below, or when visiting our shelter. Once our Adoption Coordinator receives your application she will review the form and call any necessary references (veterinarian, landlord).
All of our dogs and cats will be spayed or neutered, microchipped, combo tested and vaccinated prior to adoption.
Hi everyone! I just want to address you all on how we are handling adoptions at this time. We are open by appointment only with an approved adoption application. Our adoptable animals can be seen on our Petfinder page. ⬇️
If you see an animal you are interested in, please submit an adoption application from our website. Once the application is approved, we will invite you out for a meet and greet.
When we have animals with quite a bit of interest, we will be scheduling meet and greets with several families to see how the animal interacts with each family. This allows us to make an informed decision on the adoption. Our main priority is the animal and making sure we pair them with the appropriate family. We want them to be as comfortable as possible in their new forever homes!
Things we are looking for on the application
1. Do you rent or own? If you rent, we need approval from the property owner that pets are allowed.
2. Do you have other pets? If you have other pets, we will do a vet check to ensure everyone is updated on rabies and to see if they are altered or not.
Why do we do these things, you ask?
1. We do not want animals being returned because the landlord found out you have a pet and you aren’t supposed to. It has happened too many times in the past and it is unfair to the animal who has to bounce around from home to home. Stress induced anxiety is a real thing and it is heartbreaking too see an animal go through that.
2. It is Virginia law that all pets 16 weeks and older have an current rabies vaccination. Also, most of our kittens are not old enough to receive a rabies vaccine before adoption so it is important that your pets have theirs.
3. If you already own a dog, we do require a dog test. If our animal has not yet been to the vet for spay/neuter surgery, your pet MUST already be altered in order to proceed with the meet and greet.
“No babies, no rabies”
We hope this answers a lot of your questions and we thank you all for your continued support of our mission!
|Small Animals||Without Cage||With Cage||Livestock||Adoption Price|
|Rodents||$ 10.00||$ 15.00||Horses||$ 100.00|
|Rabbits||$ 20.00||$ 25.00||Pigs||$ 50.00|
|Parakeets||$5 single, $10 pair||$10 single, $20 pair||Farm Birds||$ 15.00|
|Parrots||Price varies by size||Price varies by size||Goats||$ 45.00|
|Ferrets||$ 25.00||$ 30.00||Cows||$ 100.00|
|Reptiles||$ 25.00||$ 30.00||Sheep||$ 20.00|
Keep an eye on our Facebook page to see if we have any current adoption specials going on!